Mana Makan - The Feast Crusade Shameless Wish List

My wish list of things I covert or am planning to acquire at some point ... hopefully through kind but wasteful individuals who would donate them to me! Just .. shameless, just shameless!

Thursday, March 09, 2006

W is for Wild Australian Wattle Seeds

Wild Australian Wattle Seeds
I have no clue what they look like but I've seen them appearing in some really cool recipes and I am curious as hell now. Have not seen it in the local supermarkets so if anyone wants to send me some to sample, I will be right chuffed!


Warming Tray
There is a fundamental problem in food blogging. While you are taking photos of your creations, they get cold. And sometimes reheating is not an option. I believe a warming tray may solve some of the problems, allowing me to blog and eat happily. Prove me wrong ... gimme a warming tray. Subtle, huh?






Wedgewood

Yes, I am delirious with day dreams but I've decided this blog is also to record all my droolicious wistfulness, so there! I adore the Jasper Conran Chinoiserie plate - but only in white. The green one is just too too much.

I know I am an oxymoron to like waver from the lushness of the Chinoiserie range to Conran's Platinum Fine Bone China range but that's just how I like things. This is very bling bling but still manages to be elegant - how I hope to be I guess.

Sometimes I surprise myself at how old fashioned I am. Just look at how I went all wide-eyed and making cooing noises at the sight of the Columbia Sage Green Fine Bone China!


3 Comments:

Blogger Ed said...

I have a plump pack of wattle seeds I was sent for helping judge The Paper Chef last year. I can post you some if you like – email me where to send them (promise I'm not a stalker). I've used them in baking, a few years ago in a Yule Log. They have a sort of nutty coffee taste.
PS: Casa Moro is great. Got one of the books last year, having discoved it through my mate Ben. Really wonderful food.

8:00 pm  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Wow Ed, that's so kind of you! I would love to get a sample of the seeds ... thanks so much! Will email you shortly.

Now I feel obligated to fall off my chair as stated in this blog ...

12:09 am  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I just wanted to leave a note here for any poor sod who wandered here by misfortune that Ed Charles is a wonderful, wonderful person! Wattle gent! (sorry for the pun) I received a fat packet of wattle seeds and now I am all agogged as to what to do with them! What fun!

5:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home